The principal reasons for floor cleaning are:
Most of these reasons are common sense but it is still nice to reinforce the basic understand as to way you would spend money and time on your businesses floors. We believe this list can keep going on and on, but it a good start. We found this info on wikipedi for floor cleaning. Some other great and obvious reasons are to protect your investment. Floors cost a lot of money and without proper care the repairs are also costly. To build a brand and image, first impressions are worth there weight in gold with new clients. If a prospect walks into you facility and the floor is in disrepair or unclean that is there idea of your business. Not building value into your sale.
- To prevent injuries due to tripping or slipping. Injuries due to slips and trips on level floors are a major cause of accidental injury or death. Bad practice in floor cleaning is itself a major cause of accidents.
- To beautify the floor.
- To remove stains, dirt, litter and obstructions.
- To remove grit and sand which scratch and wear down the surface.
- To remove allergens, in particular dust.
- To prevent wear to the surface (e.g. by using a floor wax or protective sealant).
- To make the environment sanitary (e.g. in kitchens).
- To maintain an optimum traction (e.g. for dance floors).